Monday, July 30, 2007

What? huh? what'd you say?

So I had an awesome weekend.  The Canadian crew came down for the weekend and I had so much fun.  It was nice having a bunch of people around to do brunches and random things with.

Saturday, we hit brunch, then the Simpson's movie at the Cinerama, threw an impromptu barbeque and hung out all night.

Sunday was brunch again at the skylark, a nap and then hit the Daft Punk concert all night.  It was my first concert and was totally worth it.  The music was awesome and the light show spectacular.  I wasn't feeling well at first (i think my blood sugar was too high) but after a bit of chilling out in the seats I was out in the crowd "dancing" (or something that vaguely resembles dancing) all night.  I've never sweat so much in my life.  Even a 2 hour workout at the gym wouldn't get me to do that!

Today, I am slightly kicking myself.  Stupid me decided he didn't need earplugs and could dance right in front of the array of speakers all night.  Being hard of hearing already it seemed fine at the time, now my ears are ringing and I'm constantly saying "What?" or "huh?".  Everyone at work knew I was going so they just giggled when I said I wasn't hearing well this morning.

Today, I'm exhausted.  But, on the positive side, it was the first weekend in a long time that actually felt like a whole weekend.  Usually on Monday I'm telling my coworkers that it felt too short.

Things are changing here at work, but more on that later this week.

No comments: