Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Taking bets?

I got out of a meeting with my ceo, vp, and a 3rd party we work with very closely.  My CEO and the CEO of that 3rd party were standing there chatting about the "dream team."  This new team of programmers he's hired that are working off site that my boss is convinced is the best out there.  Which, in return, has made my team feel insignificant and angered.

So...I walked out and heard him say "dream team" and totally snapped.

Me: "Fuck you and the fucking dream team.  What the hell is that about?!"

Now, I've always said I speak my mind at all times.  Why, God, why didn't you give me the ability to shut up now and then?  Ok, he probably did, but I seem to keep forgetting that part.

Boss: "Well did you install the software?"

Not knowing what he was talking about other than the fact it was about this damned "dream team" i said, "Well, probably not."

Boss: "Well then fuck you."

Care to wager how long until he comes upstairs and fires me?  Not that I feel bad for what I said, it's what most people are thinking and have expressed on the side.  I just could've been a lot more tactful and said it in private.

No comments: