Thursday, December 06, 2007

New friend, deaf adventure

PC050011So last night after work I decided to meet up with a new net friend for coffee.   I've been working so much that it's hard to get out and make any friends... so I jumped on the offer when he mentioned he wanted to do something and had the night open.

I met up with Karl at the nearby sculpture park 20 minutes later.  Who knew getting coffee would turn into dinner, drinks and a night of fun.

11 o'clock hit and he had to run off and grab his partner from work.  It was a great night and I didn't want it to end.  Karl is by far the nicest person I think I've ever met.  I can't wait till we hang again.

 

Today has been dull and riddled with conference calls, setting up my car to be repaired and fixing minor issues on web sites. 

 

The highlight of the day was when I walked down to the lobby a few minutes ago and found 2 very lost deaf people.  They were trying to say something but was very hard to understand.  I signed to them "What are you trying to find?"   Shock spread over the girl's face... "YOU SIGN!" 

She told me they were trying to find a gourmet coffee shop to meet a friend...she pointed at a drawn map, which just showed the general area, but not which shop.  I signed, "There are 2 this way, 1 that way and 1 in that direction."

Dismay again.

"Come, I'll help you."

We got lucky on the second shop.  Not bad.

My good dead for the year is done.   Yup, 1 dead, that's all I do.  Peace out, Karma.

No comments: