Friday, September 07, 2007

coffee math

morning coffee

So I was thinking earlier about how my coffee consumption has drastically escalated since I took on the new job.  Having a free starbucks machine constantly pumping coffee into my cup hasn't helped any.

I figured that I'm averaging about 10 - 12 cups a day.   and when I say "cups" I really mean 20 oz mugs.

So, 12 x 20oz = 240 oz.   (too bad I wasn't drinking that much water!)

They say about 85mg of caffeine are in a standard cup of coffee.

240 oz is 30 cups of coffee... so 30 x 85mg = 2550 mg or 2.55g

And then when I tack on a few diet sodas and anything extra I'm probably about getting about 2.75g.

With ~5g being the lethal dose, I'm more than 1/2 the way to suicide by coffee.

And the sad thing is I never get jittery or hyper.  I'm still the laid back 'ol Daniel.

Maybe I should drink more.

No comments: