Thursday, April 19, 2007

life is dull.


I came into work today to sit down and get some stuff done when my evil minion, Nathan, turned and told me that we have nothing to do. I gave him a look like he was crazy. We had been working day and night pushing print orders through our queue down to the printer. Our new site is still in beta and is in constant need of attention. Evidently, our current duties were suspended while an outside party is monkeying around.


So we're twiddling our thumbs today.


We took a break and went outside. Not that we were breaking from anything but it was something to do. Somehow we got on the subject of contentment. I told him my life is boring. I get up, go to the gym, go to work, sleep. Everyday. I have been trying to get out and do things on the weekends, but the weekdays are uber-lame.


Last weekend I ran out with Smitty and Tranny (the graphics guy and his fiance) and dabled with our cameras out at Gasworks Park here in Seattle. It was fun, here are examples of some of the images I took.. Neither are great, but i'm still learning about HDR imaging. Each are a combination of 14 different exposures, but they both are not as crisp as they could be. I still need to find money to buy a remote so i'm not touching the camera.


(HDR) Seattle skyline from Gasworks - 14 exposures


Gasworks Park, Seattle, WA


But, in the end, I need to find some excitement. I have a job, good home, but lame life. I need to find something that excites me. Photography is interesting to me, but not something that necessarily excites me. I've said all this before, so I'll stop now.


What to do, what to do. *twiddles thumbs*


No comments: